How to resset administrator password MAC OS X
recently i sold a power book G4 apple to a customer.
he came back couple of days later saying that the power book G4 asking for administration password from last owener.
so as i was not to get in touch with the last owner i had to by pass it.
i googled around and found some ways.
2) changing the root password (currect admin) from user single mode.
i tried that one too. for some reason it didnt work. as u see it is about 26 pages of comments from poeple saying that it is not working on some versions.
i put time and read most of the comments and problems. but could not get any thing usufull unfortunatly. and then i found the answer from some other site.
BUT HERE IS THE BEST WAY AND EASIEST
3) Creating a new Admin on Mac Os X:
Here’s how to reset your OS X password without an OS X CD.
the Working solution for me was to create a new admin
you can create new admin like this by deleting a specific file.
You need to enter terminal and create a new admin account:
2. Hold apple + s down after you hear the chime.
3. When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):
* mount -uw /
* rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
* shutdown -h now
4. After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and you’re good to go again!
Apple stores wont reset it for you. Computer shops may charge you $50 to $200 trying to reinstall the Mac and failing at end.
This tutorial is FREE. Here is all about you.
Please Donate if you wish as mush as you wish.
if it worked for you i think it deserves a comment at least, i would be very encouraged.